The 15th Annual Johnnie Mercers Pier Dogfish Tournament in Wrightsville Beach, NC, attracts hundreds of fisherpeople and offers cash prizes. Join us on January 25th for a grat day of fishing on the pier!
• The tournament is from 1pm to 8pm. If no fish are caught there will be a 30-minute overtime period where the first fish decked is the winner, 2nd fish decked is second place and 3rd fish decked is third place (regardless of size).
• If no dogfish are caught any other fish caught can be entered. Example: if 3 Blowfish are caught and no dogfish they will be declared the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winner based on the tournament rules as specified in this correspondence.
• The maximum length fishing rod allowed in the tournament is TEN foot.
• Over hand casting only, no side to side casting.
• There is an $8.00 per/rod cost paid to Johnny Mercers Pier.
• There is a $5.00 tournament entry fee per/rod cost that will be paid out to the biggest 3 fish at 50/30/20 percent.
• You can only fish one rod at a time. You may enter more than one rod in the tournament to switch rods, but you can only fish one rod at a time.
• You will be issued one PIN regardless of how many rods you enter into the tournament. That PIN must be transferred to the rod you are fishing.
• No saving of spaces for anglers/people that aren’t present. First come first serve basis.
• The angler has to be on the pier and in control of their rod for a fish to be counted in the tournament.
• The angler can only have one winning fish. Example: if you catch the 3 largest fish only the biggest will count.
• If there is a tie, whoever weighed the first fish get the top spot.
• In the event of no fish being caught the money will be paid out by raffle of all the anglers that remain until the end of the tournament.
• Keep chairs, coolers, pier carts, etc…… away from the rails of the pier.
• All other prizes will be raffled to the remaining anglers upon the tournament ending.
• No outside alcohol is to be brought onto the pier as per NC State Law. Coolers, backpacks, tackle boxes, etc…. will be checked. Violation of this State Law will result in a dismissal from the tournament and pier.